While 2020 has been a tough year, we here at MCR Labs are thankful for the good that has happened. From legislative wins to industry progress, this year has been filled with success if you knew where to look.
Since legalizing medical and adult-use cannabis, the Bay State has been a model for the nation in regulatory affairs. In 2020, we have seen some serious milestones for the Massachusetts cannabis industry:
- March – Pure Oasis becomes first cannabis shop to open in Boston, and first licensed marijuana business opened by one of state’s economic empowerment applications
- March – Governor Charlie Baker declares medical cannabis industry “essential”
- March – CCC announced a process for healthcare providers to certify new medical marijuana patients using telehealth services
- October – MA recreational MJ sales reached 1 billion
Throughout this year, MCR has continued to march forward with its mission of public safety by supporting the industry through accurate and timely lab testing despite the challenges 2020 has thrown our way.
One of our biggest reasons to be thankful is our incredible staff of employees, who are everything to us. In an effort to keep everyone safe during COVID-19 while continuing to provide testing services, MCR developed a COVID crisis management team who implemented the following:
- Rescheduling shifts to prevent spread of disease and encourage social distancing
- Revamping intake processes and policies to protect staff and community
- Implementing new safety equipment and initiatives
These measures have proven effective; the MCR team has remained safe!
“I am thankful for the commitment to public health that the MCR family has shown,” Michael Kahn, MCR President, said. “As an essential business we had to remain diligent, and we’ve been able to do so with small compromises that kept us operational.”
He’s not alone in this sentiment. MCR’s Director of Business Development Jonathan Wani said, “I’m thankful to be able to do what I love for a company that genuinely cares for its employees and clients.”
As a whole, we are especially thankful to the dispensaries and home growers who trust us to provide accurate and timely testing. We are thankful to the cannabis advocates and connoisseurs who make up our community and have continued to support our mission. We are so honored to be a part of this community, and with your help we will continue to ensure a safe and robust industry.