Support the Accounting Manager and the Accounting team to achieve department and Company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Accountant will work closely with the accounting team to ensure timely month end close in compliance with US GAAP and company policies/procedures.
- Process monthly journal entries and accruals relating to earnings and expenditures.
- Assist Supervisor with analyzing any significant month over month fluctuations in the Financial Statements.
- Support forecasting and variance analysis and analyze trends.
- Assist the accounting team with preparation of monthly reports for MCR management.
- Assist in documentation and compliance with internal controls.
- Support audit readiness for US GAAP Financial Statements.
- Review, recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects as necessary.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, including strong AP, AR, Month-end Close, and Financial Statement preparation experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills and organization skills
- Analytical attention to Detail
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Minimum of a BS in Accounting or related field.
- Over 5 years of accounting experience with strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Hybrid opportunity with minimum 2 days onsite
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel