Sample Management Technician
Since 2013 MCR Labs has been your partner in cannabis science. Our team is made up of researchers, chemists, and pharmaceutical scientists, but we’re also enthusiasts, cannasseurs, and members of the cannabis community. We support the community by providing anyone interested in or passionate about cannabis with access to analytical product testing as well as information to help guide their cultivation, consumption, or enjoyment of marijuana, hemp, and cannabis-derived products.
As the first independent cannabis testing laboratory to be certified by the state of Massachusetts, we are proud to offer analytical testing and R&D services to MMJ and adult-use cannabis providers, patients, doctors, caregivers, or anyone crafting their own cannabis products. Our methods are ISO-17025 accredited, and we employ proven analytical practices developed in the pharmaceutical industry.
MCR Labs is always looking for quality candidates to join our team of scientists and administrative personnel. The cannabis industry is one of the fastest growing jobs sectors in the nation, which allows us to consistently hire talented individuals who will develop and grow within our industry!
The Sample Management Tech will be responsible for overseeing samples. They will be managing the samples from the intake process to the destruction stage, ensuring proper sample intakes, sample storage, sample destruction and sample inventory management.
- Competitive Pay
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee sample organization in cabinets, refrigerators, and freezer maximizing space and efficiency
• Manage the destruction process and schedule
• Perform in depth investigate samples that are currently unable to be destroyed, log the error, complete destruction process
• Communication between the lab, the client service team, and the data team about samples needs
• Responsible for upkeep & organization of storage/destruction
• Perform internal audits of the sample flow to ensure process is robust and optimal
• Find best lab practices for destruction and intake process to keep up with volume increases
• Manage the sample intake process
• Upkeep the samples database, running reports and inventory audits.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite
• Quick learner
• Critical thinker
• Professional attitude
• Ability to multitask
• Knowledge of laboratory best practices Requirements
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to pass a background check
• G-Suite: 1 year (Required)
• Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
MCR Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Apply