Quality Assurance Specialist
Since 2013 MCR Labs has been your partner in cannabis science. Our team is made up of researchers, chemists, and pharmaceutical scientists, but we’re also enthusiasts, cannasseurs, and members of the cannabis community. We support the community by providing anyone interested in or passionate about cannabis with access to analytical product testing as well as information to help guide their cultivation, consumption, or enjoyment of marijuana, hemp, and cannabis-derived products.
As the first independent cannabis testing laboratory to be certified by the state of Massachusetts, we are proud to offer analytical testing and R&D services to MMJ and adult-use cannabis providers, patients, doctors, caregivers, or anyone crafting their own cannabis products. Our methods are ISO-17025 accredited, and we employ proven analytical practices developed in the pharmaceutical industry.
MCR Labs is always looking for quality candidates to join our team of scientists and administrative personnel. The cannabis industry is one of the fastest growing jobs sectors in the nation, which allows us to consistently hire talented individuals who will develop and grow within our industry!
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for maintaining, improving, and executing MCR’s quality management system (QMS). This role involves developing and implementing quality standards, conducting audits, and facilitating continuous improvement to meet regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure lab activities are compliant with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements and internal SOPs
• Ensure lab activities are complaint with NYS Cannabis Laboratory Quality System Standard
• Assist in executing internal audits, encompassing the entire operation of the business
• Ensure instruments are calibrated at appropriate intervals
• Maintain and organize calibration certificates for various equipment and instruments
• Create, revise, review and approve documentation, records, and SOPs
• Maintain and update various logs for accuracy and completeness
• Investigate incidents and nonconformances
• Create, review, and approve incident reports
• Develop and implement corrective actions
• Maintain and update the vendor assurance program
• Provide training to agents during new hire orientation or re-current trainings throughout the year
• Maintain and organize certificates of analysis for reagents and standards
• Assist in hosting and conducting external audits
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years’ experience working in a compliance-related field.
• 1-2 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Preferred experience working in a laboratory
• Preferred experience with ISO 17025 regulations
• Outstanding communication skills
• Candidate should be a self-motivator
• Outstanding observation skills
Current Annual Salary Range: $55,000 – 60,000
MCR Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Apply