Laboratory Technician I
Since 2013 MCR Labs has been your partner in cannabis science. Our team is made up of researchers, chemists, and pharmaceutical scientists, but we’re also enthusiasts, cannasseurs, and members of the cannabis community. We support the community by providing anyone interested in or passionate about cannabis with access to analytical product testing as well as information to help guide their cultivation, consumption, or enjoyment of marijuana, hemp, and cannabis-derived products.
As the first independent cannabis testing laboratory to be certified by the state of Massachusetts, we are proud to offer analytical testing and R&D services to MMJ and adult-use cannabis providers, patients, doctors, caregivers, or anyone crafting their own cannabis products. Our methods are ISO-17025 accredited, and we employ proven analytical practices developed in the pharmaceutical industry.
MCR Labs is always looking for quality candidates to join our team of scientists and administrative personnel. The cannabis industry is one of the fastest growing jobs sectors in the nation, which allows us to consistently hire talented individuals who will develop and grow within our industry!
The Laboratory Technician I is responsible for the routine processing of samples to achieve accurate and timely results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute weighing responsibilities as defined in SOP efficiently and accurately.
- Authorized to independently execute multiple test methods per the Standard Operating Procedures, including extractions, dilutions and sequencing of various instruments as well as correctly mixing/making Mobile Phases, QCs and various other solutions.
- Accurately complete worksheets and logbooks.
- Accurately transfer instrument results to LIMS while maintaining data integrity.
- Complete laboratory cleaning per SOP
- Escalate safety observations or lab improvements as appropriate
- Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a scientific field or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Technical/Specialized knowledge: General laboratory knowledge and basic computer skills
- Skills: Able to work independently and as part of a team, detail-oriented, able to multitask
- Experience: Laboratory exposure either through school or an internship
- Schedule Flexibility
- Two plus a years of experience in a Lab
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass background check
- Proficient in Microsoft office and G-Suite
MCR Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Apply