The Laboratory Technician is responsible for the routine processing of samples to achieve accurate and timely results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully complete competency reviews of test methods.
- Execute standard operating procedures as trained.
- Responsible for sample handling, preparation, weighing and processing.
- Accurately interpret results and enter data into LIMS.
- Accurately document all lab activities including daily sample processing, scientific operation assistance and
- competency reviews.
- General upkeep of the lab including but not limited to recording temperature logs, cleaning of glassware, proper
- destruction of samples and taking out trash and recycling.
- Analytical laboratory techniques including HPLC-UV, HS-GC-FID, MD-ICP-MS, LC-MS-MS and microbiology
- (CMFA-MPN and RT-PCR).
- Knowledge of general regulatory requirements.
- Ability to learn new techniques, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- ISO/IEC 17025 lab experience preferred.
- Cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work