Laboratory Sample Management Technician
The Weight Technician will be responsible for all sample management duties from intake through destruction, including ensuring proper sample intake, a continuous que of samples and subsamples available for further processing, efficient and secure sample storage, sample destruction and sample inventory management.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Communication between the laboratory, client service, and the data teams
· Execute weighing responsibilities as defined in SOP efficiently and accurately.
· Manage the sample intake process.
· Oversee sample storage and organization to maximize efficiency.
· Perform internal audits of the sample flow to ensure process is robust and optimal.
· Upkeep of the samples database, including running reports and inventory audits.
· Manage the destruction process and scheduling.
· Assist with laboratory cleaning per SOP.
· Escalate safety observations or lab improvements as appropriate.
· Responsible for upkeep & organization of storage/destruction
· Accurately complete work utilizing both paper and digitalized worksheets.
● Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
● General laboratory knowledge and basic computer skills
● Able to maintain focus and be detailed oriented in a fast-paced high-throughput environment.
● Effective both when working independently and when working as part of a team.
● Laboratory exposure either through school or an internship preferred.
● Schedule Flexibility
● Must be at least 21 years of age
● Must be able to pass background check
● Proficient in Microsoft office and G-SuiteApply