The official job title will be a Technical Director will lead and manage MCR Labs – NY’s laboratory operations. Functions will include method validation, project planning and execution, and day to day management of laboratory analysts. You will work closely with MCR’s science and quality personnel to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness within our labs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain operational and financial effectiveness for laboratory activities.
- Ensure compliance with accreditation / regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the laboratory achieves and maintains quality standards of practice.
- Oversee and direct scientific methods.
- Align laboratory projects and processes to company-wide goals.
- Analyze needs for new equipment and propose instrument acquisitions.
- Analyze requests for new tests.
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- In the event of non-conformances, ensure that corrective actions are properly executed.
- Ensure training and competency assessment protocols are followed.
- Regularly evaluate and document the performance of all testing personnel.
- Review proficiency testing performance
- Serve as a mentor to laboratory staff.
- Promote interdepartmental cooperation toward meeting company-wide goals.
- Partner with GM and /or Executive Team to promote a culture of trust and transparency and drive strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate, recommend, and maintain programs that continually improve safety.
- High attention to detail, including a proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, as well as the ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Strong analytical chemistry background – experience with HPLC-UV, LC-MS-MS, ICP-MS, and / or GC-MS
- Startup / entrepreneurial mindset
- Leadership / mentorship
- Strong management of projects, people, and time.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Should be self-motivated, adaptable, and display a positive attitude.
- Ability to complete physical aspects of the position.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local laws and regulations, safety, and first aid as it pertains to laboratories and handling and disposal of hazardous materials is a plus.
- Understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and state regulatory requirements is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs and / or Google Suite
- A Bachelor of Science in a chemical or biological related science and 2 years of practical laboratory experience.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in a chemical or biological related science and 1 year of practical laboratory experience