Facility Safety & Security Specialist
The Facility Safety & Security Specialist position will assist the Security Manager with various EHS, security, and facility operations tasks. The responsibility of this position is to provide for a safe and secure environment for our employees, clients, and visitors. The individual performing this task will have a passion for protecting others. This individual will have educational and/or professional experience in Safety & Security related methods, strategies, concepts, and techniques. We are seeking an individual that has a passion for learning new things in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
This individual will assist the Security Manager to lead, inspire, and develop safety minded staff through relationship building, mentoring, providing feedback, and supporting them in their daily workflows.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining Security, Safety, and Facility compliance programs and protocols.
- Provide input, feedback, and advice to continuously improve and develop laboratory health, safety, and security initiatives.
- Ensure all company facilities and operations abide by local and state law by enforcing company policies.
- Conduct inspections for laboratories, including detailed checklists, documentation, and follow up to confirm that all issues have been addressed.
- Ensure relative OSHA, EPA, MassDEP, and DEA regulations and standards are followed.
- Assist as a member of the Investigations Team, helping to identify root causes, and communicate findings to company leadership.
- Assist in developing and implementing short and long-term plans for personnel and guest safety and asset protection.
- Coordinates the identification, procurement, stocking and inventory of supplies and equipment needed to support emergency preparedness and response across facility.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and respond and aid in all emergency situations.
- Monitor and assist with proper waste destruction procedures.
- Manage chemical waste storage areas and ensure personnel are adhering to proper protocols.
- Coordinate with our hazardous waste provider to conduct waste removal.
- Conducting security checks, as necessary.
- Point of contact for emergencies.
- Escorting third party vendors if needed.
- Safety minded and able to think critically.
- Maintain lists of agents authorized to access designated areas of the laboratory.
- This role requires the ability to work overtime or be on call to support building, customer, or business needs as well as work nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform other functions as requested per the Business.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to manage emotional and mental state under emergency circumstances.
- Experience in facility operations (Safety, Security, Health, Environmental).
- Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
- Experience with the management of Life safety systems.
- Project/Case Management Skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must pass a background check.
- Preferred experience, working in a laboratory or on a work site.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local laws and regulations, safety, first aid, and the handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Candidate must be willing to respond to emergency calls and alarm on an on-call basis.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by the Business.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, comfortable with climbing ladders.
- Has own transportation and ability to be on site within 60 minutes.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office and G-suite.
- Able to work on the weekends.