Facility Maintenance Technician (Handyman)
The Facility Maintenance Technician will assist the Facility Operations and Security Manager complete the day-to-day maintenance, repair, upkeep, and cleaning of buildings and associated equipment. The responsibility of this position is to clean, install, inspect, repair, and maintain building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management. The individual performing this task will have a passion for organization, efficiency, aesthetics, and the ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking an individual that has a passion for learning new things in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the entire facility through custodial efforts and coordination with vendors.
- Clean offices, lab space, floors, bathrooms, and other areas as needed.
- Empty trash, recycling, and coordinate bulk waste removal.
- Provide input, feedback, and advice to continuously improve and develop laboratory maintenance, repair, and facility hygiene initiatives.
- Conduct inspections for facility, including detailed checklists, documentation, and follow up to confirm that all issues have been addressed.
- Conduct troubleshooting, repair, construction, and maintenance of facility equipment.
- Ensures maintenance of lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Ensure relative OSHA, EPA, MassDEP, and DEA regulations and standards are followed.
- Coordinates the identification, procurement, stocking and inventory of supplies and equipment needed to support facility maintenance, repair, and hygiene.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and respond and aid in all emergency situations.
- Restock supplies throughout the facility.
- Monitor and assist with proper waste destruction procedures.
- Conducting security checks, as necessary.
- Point of contact for emergencies.
- Escorting third party vendors if needed.
- Filter change and upkeep of HVAC.
- Safety minded and able to think critically
- Follow through of any facility installation.
- Lead, inspire, and develop staff through relationship building, mentoring, providing feedback, and supporting them in their professional development.
- This role requires the ability to work overtime or be on call to support building, customer, or business needs as well as work nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform other functions as requested per the Business.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to manage emotional and mental state under emergency circumstances.
- Experience in facility maintenance.
- Success collaborating with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
- Experience with the management of Life safety systems.
- Project/Case Management Skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Associates or Technical (Trade) School degree preferred.
- Must pass a background check.
- Preferred experience, working in a laboratory or on a work site.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local laws and regulations, safety, first aid, and the handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Candidate must be willing to respond to emergency calls and alarm on an on-call basis.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by the Business.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, comfortable with climbing ladders.
- Has own transportation and ability to be on site within 60 minutes.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office and G-suite.