Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial personnel and functions within a growing multi-entity organization, the Controller will also partner with business unit General Managers to support business operations, identify efficiencies, and work towards financial targets. Primary responsibilities include oversight of the close process for all entities, preparation of consolidated financial statements, oversight of the payables, receivables, and bookkeeping processes, and reporting to the Executive team and Board of Directors. The Controller will also oversee the annual budgeting process, assist with tax filings, and support all treasury functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Business Unit General Managers to support them in their operations through spend control, trend analysis, support of vendor negotiations, decision modeling, pricing analysis, and educating them, as required, on financial matters.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Review, recommend, and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures, including researching any accounting or related issues for GAAP (or other regulatory) compliance.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Perform final review of financial statements, bank/credit card reconciliations, General Ledger activity, and prepare timely financial statements and other reports, identifying any trends and performing applicable variance analysis.
- Manage the month end close process and daily accounting operations, including oversight of all Payables, Receivables, and bookkeeping processes.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, including ability to analyze P&Ls and Balance Sheets
- Solid communication skills and ability to communicate in a team environment.
- Proficient time management and organization skills
- Exceptional Attention to Detail
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and financial troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to multi-task
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- CPA or MBA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1o-15 years of thorough accounting principles and procedures experience.
- Expert in creating financial statements.
- QuickBooks Online & Enterprise knowledge
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.