Building Maintenance Coordinator
The Building Maintenance Coordinator will assist the Facility Operations and Security Manager to complete the day-to-day maintenance, repair, upkeep, and cleaning of buildings and associated equipment. We are seeking an individual that has a passion for learning new things in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the entire facility through custodial efforts and coordination with vendors.
- Clean offices, lab space, floors, bathrooms, and other areas as needed.
- Empty trash, recycling, and coordinate bulk waste removal.
- Provide input, feedback, and advice regarding maintenance and repair to the facility.
- Conduct inspections for facility, including detailed checklists, documentation, and follow up to confirm that all issues have been addressed.
- Conduct troubleshooting and light repairs to facility equipment.
- Ensures maintenance of lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Restock supplies throughout the facility.
- Monitor and assist with proper waste destruction procedures.
- Conducting security checks, as necessary.
- Point of contact for emergencies.
- Escorting third party vendors if needed.
- Safety minded and able to think critically
- This role requires the ability to work overtime or be on call to support building, customer, or business needs as well as work nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform other functions as requested per the Business.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to manage emotional and mental state under emergency circumstances.
- Experience in facility maintenance.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Associates or Technical (Trade) School degree preferred.
- Must pass a background check.
- Candidate must be willing to respond to emergency calls and alarms on an on-call basis.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by the Business.