Department: Laboratory Operations
Report To: Shift Manager
The Deputy Shift Supervisor is responsible for maintaining operations and workflow of the analytical testing laboratory in the absence of the Shift Manager. This position does not have direct reports but does have similar authority to that of the manager in regards to daily operational planning and decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Critical responsibilities include:
● Coordinates and collaborates with the Shift Manager to ensure ongoing optimal performance of the laboratory.
● Assigns duties, responsibilities, and authorities to lab personnel.
● Point person for the laboratory when the Shift Manager is unavailable.
● Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or scientific field, or demonstrated equivalent experience
● Technical / Specialized knowledge: Knowledge of proper laboratory practices.
● Skills – Strong communication. Able to prioritize tasks in order of impact. Able to delegate responsibly.
● Experience – Familiar with overall laboratory flow. Able to identify workflow bottlenecks.
· Must be flexible, level-headed and able to lead laboratory team.
· Night and weekend work may be required.
· Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions; will be required to use personal protective equipment
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to La Verne Freeman at email@example.com