Reports to: Director of Business Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: Soonest Available
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for MCR Labs’ Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, bookkeeping, and reporting functions. This position is also responsible for assessing, creating and implementing accounting process improvements and streamlining existing processes. Candidate should have strong communication skills, foster collaboration and desire to be part of a team. Candidate should have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at once.
· Oversight of AP Accountant’s preparation of weekly check runs and annual 1099 process, including review of invoices and monitoring of accounts payable to ensure invoices are recorded and paid timely.
· Review and administration of purchase orders working closely with our procurement department as applicable on contract purchases
· Oversight of AR accounts preparation of customer invoices and statements.
· Communicate with customers to ensure they understand their account balances and answer any questions they may have.
· Oversee the month-end close process, including generating and reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analyses.
· Perform review of month-end close documents for affiliate companies as needed and generate consolidated financial statements for all entities.
· Assist with preparation for annual audits and quarterly reviews, including interaction with external and internal auditors and tax consultants.
· Generate monthly/quarterly and annual reports for MCR management.
· Actively participate in both system and process improvements by monitoring assigned areas for process improvements to ensure efficiency.
· Create and update policies and process documents as needed.
· Ad hoc analysis and other special projects as assigned
· Lead, inspire, and develop staff through relationship building, mentoring, providing feedback, and supporting them in their professional development. Assist with hiring, training, and developing accounting staff and accounting processes at affiliate companies. Hold accounting teams accountable for deliverable deadlines.
· Work closely with MCR management and department heads to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information, and to ensure they have the resources they need for informed decision making.
· Minimum of a BS in Accounting or related field.
· CPA or candidate seeking CPA certification preferred
· Accounting Experience – 5-7 years
· QuickBooks Experience – 5 years
· Excel Experience – 5 years
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com